Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
What do you think JANE
smjpain posted:
Hi Jane I have a question for you I went to see my Awesome DPT on friday and she said that our apt. would be the last one for awhile because of the Iowa Care I have I have to be re-refered and also my pain/infection need to quite down a bit. I am mad and want to cry she told me that she would be seeing me again, but also agreed we needed sometime off. I know doing my therapy at home but when I don't go see her my pain levels have been higher I have charts for her to look at for pain levels. She looked at my vaginal skin and said it was very red and irritated which I knew she thinks I could have a yeast infection still the weired bug. I'm afraid that my pain is going to get worse.On-top of that I have had so much burning and spotting and tearing my GYN might have to do some stitching I will be calling him first thing in the morning because since I saw him about two weeks ago there was still no improvement. My Vagina hurts so bad I just want it to fall off.Thanks for your Reply!0 Replies |[a style="color: rgb(0, 102, 153); cursor: pointer;">Watch This Discussion | [a style="color: rgb(0, 102, 153); cursor: pointer;">Report This | Share this:JANE PLEASE HELP Hi Jane I have a question for you I went to see my Awesome DPT on friday and she said that our apt. would be the last one for awhile because of the Iowa Care I have I have to be re-refered and also my pain/infection need to quite down a bit. I am mad and want to cry she told me that she would be seeing me again, but also agreed we needed sometime off. I know doing my therapy at home but when I don't go see her my pain levels have been higher I have charts for her to look at for pain levels. She looked at my vaginal skin and said it was very red and irritated which I knew she thinks I could have a yeast infection still the weired bug. I'm afraid that my pain is going to get worse.On-top of that I have had so much burning and spotting and tearing my GYN might have to do some stitching I will be calling him first thing in the morning because since I saw him about two weeks ago there was still no improvement. My Vagina hurts so bad I just want it to fall off.

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear smjpain: The loss of the physical, and persona,l support of your pelvic floor PT must be devastating. It sounds like the vaginal redness and pain have increased to the point where it is difficult to do the needed vaginal massage and dilation. So seeing your GYN or the GYN Pain specialty clinic in an attempt to treat any yeast or spotting/tearing may be your best bet. Perhaps you remember the reader who had chronic vaginal skin splits every time she attempted intercourse. In her case she had to undergo many treatments until improvement arrived. The same might occur for you.

That your PT promises to resume care is a good sign. She has done a lot to validate then improve your vaginal/vulvar symptoms. I just wish that a magic cure could be found which would erase your inflammation and pain.

In Sympathy,
Jane

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.