Skip to content
The Power of Portion Sizes
Henry S Lodge, MD posted:
We all know that we feel better if we are at a healthy weight. We move better, have better energy, and better self-esteem. And when it comes to getting to and maintaining a good weight, calorie control is key.

Portion size is the easiest place to make a win here. One very powerful suggestion is simply to get appetizer-size plates and use those for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you have a small enough plate, you can load it full, and you will still be about right on calories.

Studies have shown over and over again that if you have a big plate, you will tend to put more food on it, and it is awfully tough to walk away from an unfinished meal!

Helpful Tips

irregular periods
am 21 yrs old & have had a fairly normal period since i was 10. i recently had a menstrual cycle for 9 days, while i also had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.