Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Worried About Wrinkles?
Henry S Lodge, MD posted:
For many people, one of the primary concerns about aging is how it's going to affect their skin and their appearance. As each new line or wrinkle appears, they feel less attractive and more critical of their changing reflection in the mirror.

But here's some good news: Beauty really is more than skin-deep. Lots of research shows that we care primarily about facial expressions, mobility, and the physical expression of mood and emotion, more than about the static appearance of our bodies. What this means is that if you are lively, energetic, and have a youthful spirit, nobody will really notice your skin. They will be attracted to the twinkle in your eye.

Bottom line: No one is losing sleep over your wrinkles -- you shouldn't either. So, instead of getting tied up in knots about a wrinkle here or there, maybe you should focus on the activities and people that keep that twinkle in your eye.

Chyna_ responded:
Hi i already got my first depo shot and when i go to the ob/gyn to get my second one what will they do or ask me?

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.