Skip to content
bv
chauntel2003 posted:
About 4 weeks ago I had a bladder infection. So i went to the doctors and they gave me antibiotics to take for 4 days. Right after that cleared up I had a bv. For that i took the capsules you insert into your vagina for 5 days. The day i stopped taking that my period came. It only lasted for 2 days, and my periods usually last for 5 days. The day my period stopped i started getting brown discharge but it doesn't have a smell or anything. What could it be? I wonder if i am pregnant because I've been feeling sick nausea and my nose been stuffy. I took a pregnancy test about 4 days ago and it came back negative. So I'm not sure what's going on. Anyone experienced anything like this before?

newgirl2010 responded:
Certain antibiotics can interfer with the effectiveness of birth control pills. Were you taking birth control pills as contraception? Note: there are only a few antibiotics that actually interfer with bcp.

The brown discharge could just be a light period.

Most significantly, it sounds like you have been dealing with the bladder infection, bv and period for close to a month--were you having unprotected intercourse during this time? I am guessing not during the bv or period. Thus, if you took a pregnancy test--it should be accurate. i recommend first response tests...they seem to be the earliest at detecting pregnancy if you were to test again.

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.