Skip to content
Three swollen lymph nodes - cause for concern?
An_251187 posted:
Hello,

I am twenty-six years old, and in 2006, I realized that the lymph node behind my right ear had become swollen. It's slowly grown overtime to 1 centimeter (approximately - it's hard to measure). It's hard, smooth, and not easy to move. My doctors haven't been too worried but they've kept an eye on its growth. A year and a half ago, the lymph node immediately behind my other ear developed a bump as well. It's also small and hard, but it's not grown much.

I've started to become worried about the size of the first lymph node, and tonight I realized that I have a hard bump on the lower left side of my skull. I looked it up, and sure enough there is a lymph node there too. So now I'm pretty worried, and of course it is the weekend.

I do have periodic colds/sinus infections, and I had many of these in my youth. Overall, I am fairly healthy. I used to be a runner, but I'm currently in law school so I've done this less. I always feel tired, but again - law school.

Should I be concerned about this? Is there any chance that all three are swollen (and have remained enlarged for over a year) for a harmless reason?

Thanks for the help in advance!

-Jay

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.