Skip to content
I've had my period for a month!
An_251191 posted:
I started what I thought was my period 3/6. That same day I started my birth control as instructed by my doctor. My period stopped the next day aandthen started again 3/8. It was heavy bleeding up until 3/23. Directly following my period I have had a lots of brown discharge sometimes with blood in it sometimes without. My doctor said not too worry about it, that it was caused by the birth control. So, I took it upon myself to stop taking it 3/26. I started my period again 3/29. This has never happen to me before. My period is usual regular. And birth control has never caused such changes to my body. What is going on. Please help!

Helpful Tips

Keep Searching
Joanna, I just wanted to add my own experience of endometriosis. My period began about 2 months before my 16th birthday - yes very late. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.