Skip to content
waiting on period
nreyn3 posted:
I had a D&C January 22, 2013 and as of March 30, 2013 (9 1/2 weeks!) still have not had a cycle. I am trying to have a child so this waiting is killing me and my SO. Any input on what time frame is normal? I was told 4 to 6 weeks initially, and I called at 7 weeks because of my concern. I was told everyone is different and it's not a concern. Thinking my cycle was coming I put off treatment for cramping for over a month, and ended up in the ER because of the extreme pain of a bladder infection, and was lucky it didn't get into my kidneys. Urine and blood pregnancy tests are both negative. Whats normal after a D&C and when should I contact my doctor again?

nreyn3 responded:
10 weeks, negative urine test, still no period.

tlkittycat1968 replied to nreyn3's response:
I would call again and ask how long you should wait before being worried.

nreyn3 responded:
11 1/2 weeks.... and another negative urine test.

nreyn3 responded:
2 UTI's and 13 weeks later and it finally started!

Helpful Tips

Weight loss after pregnancy
I had baby number 2 6 months ago and still cannot lose any pregnancy weight. I read hints and tips on the Internet but it is all ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.