Skip to content
could prednisone or hydroxy cause xtra periods?
bettyboop71 posted:
I had my usual period 1 1/2 wks ago which is heavy w clotting lasting 6 days. now 1 1/2 wks later I am having a 2nd period w clotting I am on day 4 w no signs of slowing or stopping. I have been taking prednisone for connective tissue disease & RA also taking hydroxychloroquine for 2 mos. the 1st month I had a my regular heavy period. but this month I am having my 2nd period of the month. could this be caused by the meds or should I go to the gyno to see what could be up? also I had normal pap & transvaginal ultrasound 2 mos ago. the gyno ordered the transvag ultrasound because I have heavy periods w size of quarter or fifty cent piece clots, but found nothing.

Helpful Tips

irregular periods
am 21 yrs old & have had a fairly normal period since i was 10. i recently had a menstrual cycle for 9 days, while i also had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.