Skip to content
Pregnancy or What???
kekej37 posted:
Hello,
I'm 37 years old and had my tubes tied nearly 9 years ago. Over 2 weeks ago, i thought what appeared to be a stomach flu or something with nausea, vomiting, diahrrea, head ache, few chills, then had a sting in my right breast, then had a sting in my left breast a week later. This has been the case on and off for over 2 weeks now. In the process of all of this my period was a couple days late, but when it came, i spotted for a couple of days (brownish, pinkinsh and maybe an orange looking color also), then the bleeding became a little heavier for 2 days, then stopped over night. Woke up nothing, but a couple of hours later, i started to spot again, but now it's back to nothing. I'm having the head aches still, extreme nausea all day (waking up early in with strong hunger pains), dizziness, a few back pains high and low. I've some mild cramping and i'm not a cramper and i also have 7-9 day periods that never spot on and off and they are much heavier than what i've experienced. Not to mention my boyfriend constantly tells me he thinks i'm pregnant due to his fatigue and that gut feeling. I have not taken any tests as i have my normal yearly check up in a couple of weeks and was going to ride it out until then. My concern is also could this be an ectopic pregnancy??? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

georgiagail responded:
Since an ectopic pregnancy would be considered an emergency situation, any concern for this should be ruled out NOW.

Take a home pregnancy test.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ectopic-pregnancy/DS00622/DSECTION=symptoms

Gail

fcl replied to georgiagail's response:
I very much agree. If it's an ectopic pregnancy it could become a life-or-death situation. You simply cannot afford to wait. Get this checked out immediately.

Solara responded:
Hi, I had an ectopic pregnancy approximately 4 years after a tubal ligation. I had been a few days late for my period then experienced some spotting for a few days. After a few weeks of stomach cramps and nausea very similar to morning sickness I had a pregnancy test which was negative. I had a second pregnancy test which was also negative. I "knew" I was pregnant despite what the tests were showing but unfortunately I waited to long before going back to the Dr. I had a rupture and had to undergo emergency surgery which resulted in the removal of an ovary and Fallopian tube. I spent over a week in the hospital with surgical complications, including a reaction to the blood transfusions. Please do not take any chances with this. See a doctor immediately. P. S. even on the night of my rupture , a third pregnancy test was negative. The Doctors were unable to figure out why.

Helpful Tips

irregular periods
am 21 yrs old & have had a fairly normal period since i was 10. i recently had a menstrual cycle for 9 days, while i also had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.