Skip to content
bartholin cyst drainage
An_251272 posted:
I had my first bartholin cyst drained yesterday and my doctor could not get the catheter to stay in. He prescribed me some antibiotics and pain medicine. But i'm very concerned about it reforming. How does it keep draining on it's own if there is nothing in place to keep it open?? Please help!!!!

georgiagail responded:
Often warm, moist compresses (i.e., a clean, warm washcloth) placed over the area will help to keep this open and draining.

Gail

An_251272 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks gail! I was confused about how that would work. One more question though, how do you know if the cyst is reforming?

georgiagail replied to An_251272's response:
You would begin to experience the same symptoms as before; mainly swelling and significant pain in this area. It is probably tender right now which is normal. What you would be watching for is an increase in both the pain and a swelling at the site.

Gail

Helpful Tips

itching
several years ago I had this same problem...intense itching in the vaginal area, but no discharge or odor. I saw several doctors who said i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.