Skip to content
5 Periods in 2 months, HELP!
An_251279 posted:
I am 21 years old, and have had my menses since I was 13 years old, and have always been regular. I take birth control for birth control, and nothing more, and I never miss a day. My cycle was always like clock work every 28-30 days, and I would bleed for 3-4 day's the first day or two heavy, and the last day or two light. I have always experienced regular PMS symptoms, including light to mild cramping, mood swings, and bloating.

February 23, 2011 I had a partial molar pregnancy at 9 weeks, and had to have a D & C, everything was cleared, and I was given a clean bill of health. My cycles returned to normal for a few months, and then in September & October I had 2 cycles that lasted 8-12 days, heavy almost the entire time, and then they returned to normal.

Starting in February however I've had my cycle every 14-15 days, and they last now for 4-6 days at a time, heavy the entire time. I have gone to see a doctor, and they did a transvaginal ultrasound which came back normal. The doctors search for what is wrong with me pretty much ended after the ultrasound, because they said there was no need to come back in, and they won't give me anything for pain because there's "nothing wrong". So I am going to get a second opinion next week, because I know that a period that comes more often than 21 days is not right.

Symptoms: Abnormal Menstrual Cycle, Pelvic Pain, Constant Bloating, Pain during Sexual Intercourse, Constant Cramping, Frequent Urination.

Period #1 February 6 (Lasted 5 days, heavy)
Period #2 February 21 (Lasted 5 days, heavy)
Period #3 March 8 (Lasted 4 days, heavy)
Period #4 March 23 (Lasted 4 days, heavy)
Period #5 April 4 (heavy)

What I was wondering is if anyone has had anything like this, knows anything about what could be going on, or suggestions... I have an appointment with another doctor, so don't tell me to go see a doctor! I'm just posting this for ideas of what could or could not be wrong with me, not for a complete diagnosis!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Sorry, I can't offer anything but it's good you're seeking a second opinion. The doctor saying there's "nothing wrong" after having heavy bleeding every two weeks was being very irresponsible.

Hope you find some relief with the new doctor. If you don't, keep trying until you find a doctor who will help you.

Helpful Tips

Fish Oil Caps
I take triple strength fish oil capsules (1400 mg) for heart health, and it has the added bonus of improving moisture in the eyes and skin. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.