Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Endometriosis..ever changing?
zire72 posted:
I was diagnosed with Endometriosis a decade ago. Hormonal therapy does not mix well with me, I have terrible adverse reactions to hormonal BC. So I've just been living with it and treating symptoms. I've had three children, each pregnancy caused the symptoms to change drastically. Now that I'm 9yrs away from my last child I'm finding my symptoms changing yet again.
The pain is not worsening, but the flow is heavier and now I'm having GI issues that are directly related to my cycle.
Is Endo an ever changing condition or should I go for an updated workup? I guess the update is good either way. I don't feel ready for a hysto yet (I'm 33) but I am feeling frustrated.

Anon_6061 responded:
Definitely, endometriosis can change over time. And there's no cure, not even hysterectomy because endo implants are usually found throughout the pelvis. There are non-hormonal meds that can reduce the bleeding and cramping. Here's a list of all meds - hormonal and non - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0015970/table/ch8.t1/?report=objectonly. Best to you in managing this difficult condition!

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 101 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.