Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Trying to Conceive Question
    Little_Confused posted:
    Hi, I'm newly married and not exactly sure about some things. I'm a small lady, and my husband is much larger than me in all senses. We've been trying to conceive, but his ejaculations do not all stay inside of me - would this be a problem for conception? Is this normal or am I reading too much into this? Thanks for your advice.
    georgiagail responded:
    One the average, each ejaculate in a healthy male contains upwards of 66 million sperm. It takes just one to fertilize an egg. Ejaculate is also a liquid so while most will run out of a females body this does not impede conception.

    tlkittycat1968 responded:
    Along with what Gail said, what is actually coming out is the semen which is the vehicle for the sperm. By the time the semen leaks out, the sperm are well on their way into your uterus.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.