Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help
An_251407 posted:
My friend is 17 and her boyfriend is 22, she is going to the Gynecologist soon and she has been sleeping with her boyfriend without her mothers knowledge. She is worried about her boyfriend getting into trouble because they are having sex, because someone told her Gynecologists can tell when the last time you had sex was based on doing a vaginal exam.

Take the Poll

Can a gynecologist really tell how long it has been since the last time you have had sex if it has only been within a week or two?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Not sure
  • Depends on how long it has been
vote
View Poll Results

bpcookie responded:
Hello, Gynecologists can tell when someone isn't a virgin because the Hymen will be broke but I don't think they can tell WHEN someone last had sex.

Please tell your friend to be careful and use protection.
If you suffer with Vulva and or Vagina pain, please join my community called VULVA AND VAGINA PAIN SUPPORT GROUP. No woman should suffer in silence.

tlkittycat1968 replied to bpcookie's response:
Just because the hymen is broke doesn't mean the female isn't a virgin. Many girls tear their hymen doing excercises such as gymnastics or horseback riding.

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.