Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Prolonged periods
    Ketiwe posted:
    Am lady aged 24,I have been experincing prolonged heavy periods for 12 yrs now.I went to the hospital for the first time to report my conidition in 2008 and was given some family planning pills,which made my peiods stop but th time they started,I was bleed heavly and clots were coming out.then I was given other medcine to balance my homorone.they told me my homorone were imbalanced.Before all these medcines I would attend for 3 months non stop twice in a year with a heavy flow,now I don't know when my periods would start and the colour of my periods is not red but a virgin and weigh 90kg.what is my problem?
    tlkittycat1968 responded:
    Unfortunately, no one on an internet board can tell you what is wrong. You need to work with a doctor.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.