Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
POC's
MooonLight posted:
hello, my name is Amy, I'am a 30 years old, having alot of bleeding problems, my period isn't regular, and my ovarian size's are double the normal size also, some times my period wont come for tow to three months, and other times it will come twice in a month time or even will last more than 20days in a row.
i trid alot of meds., but it makes my emotions un stable, depprist, unhappy, and i gained alot of waight as will; thats make me mooooore devistated.
what can i do to stop all of this?

Anon_6061 responded:
Have you seen a doctor for a workup? There are many things that can cause irregular cycles including an endocrine problem (thyroid probably being one of the more common ones) or a metabolic problem (such as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). The diagnosis will dictate the treatment options. One thing that's commonly used to regulate the menstrual cycle are birth control pills (or some form of BC) but it may just be a matter of treating the underlying cause.

Helpful Tips

Grandma all ready
Hi, I'm 57 years old and have 8 grand kids. I am bleeding pretty heavy, kid of like a period. I had a complete hysterectomy in 1978. What ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.