Skip to content
Only get a period once a year, 28 years old, tests say im ok, whats wrong with me?
318ceasar posted:
Thank you for taking the time to read my post as I am at the end of my rope. I am 28 years old and only gotten about 13 periods in my life. I first got my period at 16 and its never been normal. I got period to my amazement when I was 18 and had a normal pregnancy and C-section. I never was able to get pregnant again though..even though I tried for about 5 years. Ive had ultrasounds, internal and external..basic hormone tests..and seen about 5 different doctors and none of them have an answer to why I don't get a period. I was happy about this when I was younger...but now im concerned. my ob-gyn said he thought my cycle would become regular by the time I was 21 or after my son was born. It never happened. I am overweight, and have high blood pressure and high cholesterol, I am currently changing my lifestyle to a much healthier one, but am so concerned that there is something really wrong with me. Ive never heard of a grown woman just got having a cycle. I have health insurance and have been willing to try any test but my doctors just don't seem to worry about this. One doctor told me she thought it could be polycystic ovarian syndrome because I have a slight hump on my upper back..but the ultrasound showed no cysts or anything abnormal. There were a few other theories but after tests nothing was abnormal. Can anyone please offer any ideas I can present to my doctor as I am very concerned and would like to be able to have more children in the future. Thank you so much for your time.

Helpful Tips

suggestion
hi. i have dealt with the same issues discussed. i have dealt with pelvic congestion for 5 years. i just wanted to recommend going to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.