Skip to content
Advice Needed
SweetHeart06 posted:
Very Frightened And Concerned

By: MeWritten on April 17th, 2013I just out of the whim asked for an HPV test during my normal pap. Then... the doc called and said my pap was abnormal and I have HPV.So by then, I was super scared not really knowing what HPV is and having never had an abnormal pap. They scheduled a coloposcopy and took a biopsy.Monday, she called and said I have mild cervical dysplasia. She said not to worry because the body usually heals this on its own. I've read soooooo many articles and am now confused and scared even more.Im already takibg certain vitamins because I also am a gastric bypass patient. Now im not sure what my body truly needs. Ive got to heal and cure my cervix. My dream is totally dependent on being able to have a family and kids of my own. Let alone I never want to hear the C word and feel even worse! Please anybody....offer advice. Im a Christian and I'm trying to let God take care of this...but I stress out over things I cant control.

georgiagail responded:
Listen to what your physician has told you. Very often the immune system clears HPV on its own and for many, mild cervical dysplasia never progresses beyond this level.

It's likely your immune system is perfectly fine even after the gastric bypass for obesity surgery.

Gail

Helpful Tips

When is it appropriate to remove an IUD?
I have had my IUD inserted after my baby was born three years ago. When would it be suitable to have it removed? I know it is ok to have ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.