Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Mirena IUD
    martisham11 posted:
    I have had the Mirena IUD for almost two years now. When I first had it placed inside the uterus, I bled for three months but nurses said that it was normal. Once the bleeding stopped,I began having my periods every other month. Recently, my period has been on for two weeks straight. It seem to be trying to become lighter but it now has become heavier. Could this be normal or should I go to the hospital and seek medical assistance?

georgiagail responded:
    This is not normal and should be looked at by a Gynecologist.

Gail

Helpful Tips

extended period
    I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    53 of 103 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.