Skip to content
2 years in between periods
An_251610 posted:
My son is 4 years old now, since I've given birth I've had one period. Had one 2 years after he was born, and going on 2 years again. My general practictioner doesn't seem to worry about this but the more reading I do the more I'm getting scared. What harm is this doing to me?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I don't think it's doing any harm as there are birth control options that allow a woman to only have a period every 3-4 months or less.

The question here is why you aren't having regular periods. I'd work with a gyn to figure this out.

Anon_6061 responded:
This isn't normal and should be investigated. Going too long without a period can cause an abnormal build-up of the uterine lining (hyperplasia). There are a number of metabolic / endocrine conditions that can cause the lack of menstruation. Some that come to mind are PCOS, thyroid, pituitary. An endocrinologist would be the best suited to give you a complete workup. Best of luck in getting answers.

Helpful Tips

Fish Oil Caps
I take triple strength fish oil capsules (1400 mg) for heart health, and it has the added bonus of improving moisture in the eyes and skin. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.