Skip to content
Hysterectomy at 32
amylhollis posted:
I did not read all of the posts but saw this and wanted to share my story. I was 32 when I had my total hysterectomy (minus my left ovary and tube, since it had already been removed). I suffered for about ten years w/ various female problems until finally, after my third child, had it done. Even today, four years later, I wake up and think of how wonderful it is not to be in severe pain and to have to take narcotics just to get through another day. Btw, there were several years between my first and second child. I was told in that time period that the only thing that would help was to get pregnant. Duh!! That doctor evidently didn't realize how much money my husband and I spent on pregnancy tests b/c my cycles were so messed up. The only thing that got me through this most difficult time in my life was God and His Word, the Holy Bible. God's Word never promises those of us who believe in Jesus Christ that we will never have any trials, sorrows or heartaches. What His Word does declare is that, if we totally surrender our lives to Him, He will hold us through whatever we face and take us to the other side of it. I found peace in Jesus Christ and He healed me long enough to give me two more children and then a quick and easy recovery time after having my hysterectomy done through the Da Vinci method. I feel SSOOO much better!!

georgiagail responded:
Can't speak about Jesus but many who have had this surgery don't miss the previous pain and discomfort they went through before deciding that a hysterectomy was the best choice for them. As I've said many times before, I don't miss that puppy one bit...

Gail

kimmorton responded:
I too had a total hysterectomy. I wondered if you had any issues with weight gain around the tummy. I've tried every kind of diet with no luck. I don't eat much and usually can't even finish my plate. Do you have any advice or anything that worked for you?
I've been really lucky and have had no other side effects.

Helpful Tips

periods
why is my blood dark at the beginning of my period ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.