Skip to content
Period consisting of brown blood only
An_251674 posted:
Hi. My name is Rebecca and I am 23 years old. I am currently on birth control (luteria(sp?) or the generic version of it). My last period was nothing but brown blood, which I know to be the old blood, but I just find it where that there was no regular blood in this period. I did skip my period the month before by not taking the sugar pills so I assume that might have messed me up. I am just concerned since I might have missed some pills because I am an idiot and forgot them while I was working 12 hours days. I would just like to know if its normal to have a period consisting of just brown blood and no red blood.

Thanks!

georgiagail responded:
Yes; it is not unusual to have a darker than normal discharge during menstruation.

Gail

Justinmiller13 responded:
Hi. My girlfrend is really nervous. We had sex in march 22. She had her period in april2. Its not late. She had a normal period. On the second month, she had her period in april27. Its 5days earlier. We had never had sex this april. Is she pregnant even though she had a normal period? We use a condom. Thankyou somuch to the one who can help me.

Justinmiller13 replied to georgiagail's response:
Hi. My girlfrend is really nervous. We had sex in march 22. She had her period in april2. Its not late. She had a normal period. On the second month, she had her period in april27. Its 5days earlier. We had never had sex this april. Is she pregnant even though she had a normal period? We use a condom. Thankyou somuch to the one who can help me.

Helpful Tips

how can a woman restore sensation in her nipples/breast?
since my last pregnancy in 2005, i have no sensation in my breast when stimulated. If anything, it hurts. I am 43 years old and I know I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.