Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bleeding a year after uterine ablation
Iamsoworried posted:
Ok a little about me. I am 51 African American, morbidly obese and had a uterine ablation a year ago this month. I had surgery 14 years ago to remove fibroids which were so huge my doctor took. Photos of them for me and future patients to see. one was the size of a basketball. I fared well afterwards. A few years after I was having problems and an ultra sound revealed fibroids were back. I was obese then but not morbidly so. I developed and was treated for DCIS (early stage breast cancer) in 2005. Got through that and then fell into depression and lost my job, home, car everything. In 2008 my father and mother died. I lost my sister the following Feb and just this past December my mentall ill brother whom I cared for was murdered. I am still fighting the depression some days I can not leave my room I am so sad.

Last April I had an ablation because I was bleeding and because the doctors were not able to do a successful pap on me.

I stopped bleeding for a few months then it started again. As I have been dealing with my brothers death, I haven't seen the doctor but have an appointment in the next 10 days to find out why. I bleed almost everyday. I might have a few days off and then I bleed some more.

Doctor said I something about fsh doesn't show me in menopause. I am worried that this is really bad. I want to have a hysterectomy but I have sleep apnea and I am scared I won't wake up . I had a huge panic attack after the ablation and could not breathe.

I am so terrified.

Anon_6061 responded:
I'm sorry for all your suffering! I hope it's nothing serious and you'll soon be in menopause and it will all be over. In the meantime, a medication may be all that's needed to reduce the flow. Here's a link of hormonal and non-hormonal meds for heavy bleeding - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0015970/table/ch8.t1/?report=objectonly. It would be a shame to have a hysterectomy when there are other options available. I had one and regret it. Let us know what you find out at your appointment.

Helpful Tips

an over the counter item that helps me
I like AZO "for PMS". It has natural ingredients. One time I got dizzy and had to leave church and go lay down in the car. Then went to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.