Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
failed NovaSure
jwilk posted:
I had the NovaSure procedure done about a year and a half ago and never really stopped bleeding but flow was very light and rarely ever stopped! I was recently prescribed progesterone, The bleeding pretty much stopped after a week, then started back up really heavy now for about 4 days. My Dr. is recommending a D&C I think because I am 50yrs.old and may be approaching menopause soon and wants to avoid hysterectomy for me if possible. I also stay slightly anemic and fatigued all the time. Do you see much of this? What about scar tissue from NovaSure and doing D&C, will it be successful? I had a vaginal ultrasound and showed some small fibroids and uterine wall showed some thickness. My Dr. also wanted to do a endometrial biopsy, not sue I spelled that right, but I opted out (just heard that was painful) So we did the ultrasound and pap smear was good.Should I have let him do the biopsy? And what is your thought on all this?

jwilk responded:
Also have had a terrible vaginal odor, test showed no infection. I also see some comments from others about weight gain, mainly in stomach, I am experiencing this also. What causes this?

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.