Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help!
An_251726 posted:
I have small cut on my labia minora that resemble paper cuts. In the past I have treated them with Neosporin and that has healed them quickly. My main concern is the fact that during intercourse with my boyfriend the other day I began to bleed. The bleeding stopped after a while but I am on birth control and not meant to start my period for another 2 weeks. Currently I have brownish discharge which usually occurs a few days before and after I have my period. I have a history of urinary tract infection which sometimes affects my bladder. What do you think is the problem this time though and why do I have symptoms of having my period this soon? Could I possibly be pregnant? I read that it is possible for bleeding to occur when the egg is implanted in the walls of the uterus.

ShelboDee responded:
My sister went to the gyno with the same thing as you. Small "paper cuts". Her gyno was afraid at first that it was a first symptom of herpes before the break out. Not to worry you, it came back negative. Honestly there was nothing my sister had to to to treat the "fissures" as her gyno called them. Just time I guess.

As for your pregnancy question, it wouldn't hurt to just go take a test? And if you keep bleeding and the fissures don't go away, just go to your doctor.

Helpful Tips

dealing with anxiety and bipolor episodes
dont know how to cope with issues of everyday life without wanting to cry, or break down in depression, its addecting my marriage what can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.