Abnormal menstral cycle
ainge posted:
I had back surgery in February and my period came 3 days later and was normal. Then in March, my period was 2 weeks late. Very abnormal. First and foremost, my blood flow is extremely heavy and I've been having a lot of large blood clots. I've been bleeding with a heavy blood flow for 38 days, I had a transvaginal sonogram done. The results were an enlarged fallopian tube, fibroid tumors and cyst/pylops on my ovaries. I am 40 years old and I had a tubal ligation back in 1995. I would like to know if anyone can give me more information about what I am going through. Are the blood clots coming from the fibroid tumors and is the heavy bleeding because of the enlarged fallopian tube. I am scheduled for a biopsy and I am very much concerned of all that's going on. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Take the Poll

What causes a woman to be on her menstrual cycle for 38 days with excessive bleeding and numerous large blood clots?
  • WebMD Ovarian Cancer Community
  • WebMD Women's Health Community
  • WebMD Menopause Community
vote
View Poll Results

fcl responded:
Fibroids can cause clots and heavy bleeding (been there, done that, and it was Hell). Also be aware that fibroids are nearly ALWAYS benign. I suggest you ask your doctor what s/he is taking a biopsy of and what s/he would be looking for. Beyond that, anything I say would be pur speculation (and I'm sure you don't need that).

Keep us posted, will you?

ainge replied to fcl's response:
Thank you. I asked my primary doctor if I was having the heavy bleeding and large blood clots because of the fibroid tumors and she replied no it isn't. Thank you for clearing up that question for me. And I will asked my GYN doctor exactly what he's taking a biopsy of and I will keep you posted.