Skip to content
Vaginal bleeding
SaraG07 posted:
Hi, I am 25 years old and about 6 weeks ago I had a biopsy done to see if I had cervical cancer. The procedure was extremely painful. It fully healed within 4 days. The nurses told me I would start to bleed after the procedure. I bled heavy for a week. Went through pads within hours. It finally stopped. Then I had a break for a week and started bleeding again, it lasted for a week. bad cramps and heavy bleeding. a few days off and started what I thought was my period. Bled for a week again with same pains. I have been off my period for four days and I was doing some shopping the morning and felt some bad cramps in lower tummy and back, got home and went to restroom and blood just fell out of me. Heavy, thick and clot looking. I wore a pad and a little later nothing was on pad and it has continued to happen the same each morning and stop after a few. I don't understand what is going on and I'm freaked out. Any answers out there??

Please.

Jayquil responded:
You should go see your doctor - I had the same procedure twice and only bleed a little bit on the day of the procedure

An_251870 responded:
Get in to see your doctor as soon as posible. Don't wait! I just went through what you 're going through. If was'nt for a procedure I had I would''nt have known to see a doctor to have a biopsy done on my uterus. My biopsyon my cervic came back normal. But the one on the uterus came back that I had cancer. JUst had surgery last friday & just found out the resultsyesturday. I'm in stage 3 cancer & have to go through chemo. I had the cancer for some time before getting the symtoms you are having.

Helpful Tips

Fish Oil Caps
I take triple strength fish oil capsules (1400 mg) for heart health, and it has the added bonus of improving moisture in the eyes and skin. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.