Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Period sickness
abbycree posted:
When ever I get my period it usually lasts about a full week and its really really heavy like I go through a super in under two hours. I get severe cramps to the point where I cant move and I want to scream but nothing will help including any pain killers heating pad ice etc. trust me i've tried it all. However i've started to get really sick EVERY TIME I have my period I get nauseous, I get the worst stomach aches, diarrhea, fatigue, achy, dizziness, light headedness and headaches where I cant move or think straight and the cramps that I already mentioned seriously its like i'm down for a full week I honestly can't do ANYTHING and I just feel like crap for an entire week! I do have serious food allergies to wheat corn dairy pork lobster and sesame but I don't eat them because the effects afterwards are almost as bad as my period. Does everyone experience this? What can I do? HELP ME!

Anon_6061 responded:
Very heavy bleeding can cause more severe cramps as well as your other symptoms. You sound like you could be anemic in which case you'd need supplemental iron.

You should be evaluated to determine the cause of the heavy bleeding including an endocrine workup (e.g. thyroid, pituitary). Here's a link to pharmaceutical options for heavy bleeding - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0015970/table/ch8.t1/?report=objectonly.

owlsbane responded:
Hello, first let me say you are not alone in this. Second go see your Gyn. They put me on birth control and it helped. But you shouldn't be bleeding this heavy or getting sick. Or feeling so dizzy those are all symptoms that something is wrong.

lhuber responded:
I highly recommend from experience to ask your gyn for a uterine thermal ablation. It changed my life for the last 10 years.

wends1968 responded:
my daughter has all the exact same symptoms as yourself and has been told she has endometriosis. her dr gave her the deproprovera contraceptive injection and this has helped her enormously. i would see your gp/gynocologist immediately.

Helpful Tips

an over the counter item that helps me
I like AZO "for PMS". It has natural ingredients. One time I got dizzy and had to leave church and go lay down in the car. Then went to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.