Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Period Probz
AngMason posted:
I recently had sex, my 5th or 6th time (we used a condom and Im not on the pill). This has been the 2nd month now, my first period was normal and on time. The second month, around my time of ovulation, I began experiencing symptoms of a yeast infection. The symptoms began to reside and I had sex approximately 3 days before my period was due. 2 days after, I began experiencing UTI symptoms and my period was a day early. Im on.the 3rd day of my period and the UTI symptoms have not resided. Im also experiencing terrible cramping in my back. What could be the cause of this?

fcl responded:
The simple act of having sex can cause a UTI (ditto yeast infection). Please see your doctor because the chances are high that you'll need antibiotics.

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.