Skip to content
12 weeks pregnant with no baby
An_251898 posted:
I would be 12 week today. Leading up to this point has been a roller coster I had an exam at 8 weeks and she said everything felt in place and all my blood samples came back healthy so it was looking good. She tried to hear the heartbeat even though she said it was really early and we might not be able to hear it yet. We didn't. I was a little nervous at this point and i had a feeling that there was no baby in there. My boyfriend and i were still super excited and couldn't help but to tell our friends and family, everybody was sooo excited for us. Our neighbor even gave us a crib. I was skeptical because i knew it was early and i just wasn't sure. I just knew something wasn't right but i wanted to stay positive. Well at 11 weeks i felt like i was having my period. I have been bleeding now for over a week. I started calling my midwife and ob the first day i was bleeding. They said its pretty normal and if im not having cramps then its probably fine. I still knew it wasn't so i went to the clinic where i was going, they do not have an ultra sound system there so they got me in at a different hospital right away. They did a stomach one first and didn't see a baby. Then did a vaginal one. Still nothing. The doctor came in the room because she was watching it from a different room. She said some terms pretty fast and i didn't understand any of it. I left in tears and drove straight to my boyfriend, i tried to explain to him what they said. Well a couple days have pasted now, i went back in to talk to my midwife. She told me my options. I even took another pregnancy test, It is still positive which means i have not pasted the embryo sac. I am going to have to take this pill called Misoprostol and it will hopefully get everything out. They said i will have cramping and more bleeding. Im scared but i guess its want i have to do for my body and to move on.

mountainmom48 responded:
I'm so sorry. Hugs, honey. Give yourself permission to feel whatever feelings come and go.

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.