Skip to content
Bladder & Uterus 'falling'
mom4gram9 posted:
Does anyone have experience with the mesh that can be inserted to hold up the sagging muscles of a bladder and uterus? Mine are 'dropping'. I can try keggles and/or the mesh procedure.

Anon_6061 responded:
With all the TV commercials about mesh lawsuits, if it were me I'd steer clear of it. This Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues forum on Hystersisters has a separate subforum for Mesh Erosion - Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues. Sometimes fashioning a "sling" with your body's own tissues can be done but it seems that surgeons with those skills are few and far between.

There's an option you didn't mention though - having a pessary made to hold up your organs. Most surgeons (gynecologists are surgeons) will push for surgery though because it's more profitable and most surgeons enjoy doing surgery. Here's a link about pessaries -
Pessary Use in Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Urinary Incontinence

Be aware too that it's very common for surgeons to remove a prolapsed uterus and then suspend the bladder. This never made sense to me. Why not just suspend both organs? The uterus (along with its ligaments) has non-reproductive (lifelong) functions - anatomical, skeletal, sexual, and endocrine (to some degree).

You mentioned Kegels. Those can help but you need to be sure you're doing them properly and regularly and it takes awhile to see results. Pelvic floor physical therapy can be helpful and they sometimes use biofeedback devices that let you know if you're doing the exercises properly. Here's a link to a trial result that compared pessary to "behavioral" therapy - Continence pessary compared with behavioral therapy or combined therapy for stress incontinence .

mom4gram9 replied to Anon_6061's response:
Wow! Lots of info. Thanks. I know my husband has had a couple of meshes inserted due to hernias. He did have a terrible time with one.
Thanks again. I'll study through this.

Anon_6061 replied to mom4gram9's response:
You're welcome. Let us know how you end up treating this and how it works out. It may help someone else here.

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.