Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain in abdomen's lower left quadrant
marife11 posted:
I feel pain in my abdomen's lower left quadrant. I don't have ovaries, cervix, fallopian tubes anymore. What could be the problem? I am afraid to go under knife again. Please help.

georgiagail responded:
Sounds more GI in nature; issues such as colon polyps (very common by the way) could be the cause. Nothing says you need to go under the knife but it would be a good idea to make an appointment with a Gastroenterologist to get this checked out.

Gail

mountainmom48 responded:
It sounds to me like possible adhesions, given the fact that you've had abdominal surgery before.

Anon_6061 responded:
If your surgery was for endometriosis, it could be endometriosis symptoms returning since there's no cure for endo. Adhesions are also a possibility. And of course GI problems could be the cause.

pruscetta responded:
I had the same after after my hsterectamy, it turned out the pain all along was diver's

Anon_6061 responded:
I've had intermittent abdominal pain since my hysterectomy too. The cause hasn't been determined and I'm certainly not going under the knife unless it becomes a necessity. Even diagnostic testing has been traumatic.

pruschetta - By "diver's" I assume you mean diverticulosis or diverticulitis? Did a colonoscopy diagnose it? My symptoms don't correlate to the typical diverticula offending foods (nuts and seeds) so I doubt that's the cause of mine.

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.