Skip to content
Continues Bleeding
BrucieTheGreen posted:
Ok, since I started having periods I've had problems. It wasn't till I was about sixteen when things started to get bad. Having abnormally long periods, that have only gotten longer as I've gotten older. Now at 22 I've bleed non stop for almost a year, I'll stop for a day or two before it starts again.

As the bleeding got longer I started clotting constantly, large clots that would go through tampon and pad (which I had to wear both to stop messing up my clothes) having to go to the bathroom every few minutes.

This year I was put on the Depo shot to help with my hormones and stop the bleeding. Only its not... From what I was told it, was to lessen to stop the bleeding for about three months.

For me after the two month mark a start bleeding like I was and doesn't stop till a week after I get another shot.

On top of that I have a mild case of Psoriasis, that has flared up a bit since I've started Depo. I don't know if its the shot or stress but I'm at my wits end.

fcl responded:
Go back to your gyn and explain that the treatment isn't working and that you want her/him to look into it further. If they refuse you change doctors. Nobody should have to put up with that level of discomfort.

Helpful Tips

My problem
I am 18yrs old female. I am a very sensitive and innocent girl. This incident happened last year. I had an affair with my boyfriend. After ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.