Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pelvic Pain/Gassy
kmm0512 posted:
Hi all,

I'll try to make a few years of syptom history as compact as I can. In May of 2010, I stopped taking birth control (after 6 years). Over the next couple of years, I was having extremely irregular periods. About a year ago, my periods started to become really wacky and last for around 10-16 days and were very frequent. In February of this year, I wen into for a routine appointment with myOB/GYN and explained my symptoms. She diagonised me with Endometrial Hyperplasia and put me on Provera - progesterone; taken for 10 days each month. I have gone through 2 months worth of the Provera and have no had a period (it was my understanding that I would have a period a few days after I had finished each round of Provera).

In the last 4-5 days, I have been having a little bit of pain in my pelvic area after sex and have been extremely gassy which is not usual for me (still no period).

I am 30 years old. I have taken multiple pregnancy tests, which have all come back negative. >

I plan to follow up with my doctor after I return from vacation next week, but until then, I'm wondering if any of you have faced this sorts of symptoms?

An_252190 responded:
I kind of have the same problem but I am a lot older than you if you are taking pregnancy tests. I have discussed this with the GYN and they told me it was nothing to worry about. However that being said, I would not discount the fact that you should get it checked out.

I recently moved and I am currently looking for a new doctor. when I find one I am planning on bringing this up again.

Good Luck.

Helpful Tips

Itchy Nipple (Right Side)
Hi my name is Jennifer. I am 21 years old. I have a concern about having a very itchy nipple on the very tip and no reason why its itching. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.