Skip to content
Dr cant find mirena IUD strings
An_252110 posted:
I just went in for a pap smear and my doctor could not find the iud strings, so she ordered an ultrasound at the hospital. The ultrasound is in a couple days. I have had the mirena for 3 years. In the beginning I could feel the strings, and they seems somewhat long. But, in maybe the last year I haven't been able to feel them. There was a time I would get bad cramps, but I haven't had those in awhile and I don't know if the missing strings and the cramps relate to each other. Now that the doctor couldn't find them even after "going in a little deeper" to look for them, I'm a little worried. She told me that this doesn't happen to often, but she also asked me not to lose sleep over it. Any advice or information would be appreciated.

Helpful Tips

how can a woman restore sensation in her nipples/breast?
since my last pregnancy in 2005, i have no sensation in my breast when stimulated. If anything, it hurts. I am 43 years old and I know I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.