Skip to content
Long term vaginal odor. Unknown cause.
ottawawoman posted:
Vaginal odor 13 years. Odor comparable to unwashed for weeks. Very strong. I was checked for fistula and it was negative as well. Tested repeatably. Negative on all infections/STD's every time. Normal regular periods..medium flow. Used HepPhresh and many other odor helpers online. Tried douche, antibiotics, yeast medications. Tried natural remedies. Tried different diets. Drank up to 4 quarts of water daily. Odor is NOT coming from within the vaginal opening. It appears to be coming from the vaginal glands in the vulva area. There is no odor inside of the vaginal hole. Is this a hormonal problem? I am 38. I do not have sex. I have never even had sperm inside me in my entire lifetime. Do we have glands within the vulva area that secretes or releases foul odor comparable to "unwashed behind?" What is the cause and solution to this problem? I had a female friend that went through the same problem for 7 years and suddenly it just went away. DR's ignored her and never found the cause of the problem. At least hers went away but mine continues after 13 long years. Desperate for answers. I have tried Google to find similar problems but none show up. All suggest infections which I do not have.

me2too responded:
I have the same problem.. I'm 36 I've been tested for everything under the sun.. I had 2 doctors say its all in my head and that I should seek counseling.. Nothing works.. Apple cider vinegar douche worked for a few days but didn't have the same effect the next time I used one.. I've been living with this for as long as I can remember.. 20 years... Thank god I have a loving understanding husband. But I still hate it..

Helpful Tips

itching
several years ago I had this same problem...intense itching in the vaginal area, but no discharge or odor. I saw several doctors who said i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.