Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Long lasting Period
almaperdida posted:
Im 29 years old, i will be 30 in july. About 6 years ago i had an accident where i was hit by a truck on a scooter. I was in the hospital for about a month, I lost a lot of blood. Before my accident i was always regular on my periods. It seems that after my accident my body got thrown off and i was no longer regular. I would have my period for 3 or 4 days and then its gone for 2 or 3 months and then it comes back pretty heavy for 2 days and its gone and its been like that for a few years now. I have not paid much attention to it because i do not feel pain or anything of that sort, I do however sometimes feel very bloated with or without my period. The problem im having now is that ive had it my period for over 3 weeks and its not normal for me. It wont stop. just when i think its gone i stand up and i start bleeding. again no pain no discomfort. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Im waiting for my insurance from work to kick in cause i cannot afford to see a doctor without insurance... but for now id like to have an idea as to what is happening to me.

georgiagail responded:
You need to get this looked into medically, insurance or not.

This is not a menstrual period. This is abnormal vaginal bleeding. And it has nothing to do with the accident. With luck it is due to something fairly benign (for example, a uterine fibroid that has grown into a blood vessel in your uterus). But it could be due to something more serious. And it's not getting better, is it.

Gail

almaperdida replied to georgiagail's response:
No its not getting better. The weird part is im not feeling any cramps or pain anywhere. I do however, feel tired, weak.. Im often fatigued at work, and my job required me running around so that adds on to my tiredness. Anyway, ive made an appointment for Monday so hopefully its nothing too serious. Makes me nervous

tlkittycat1968 replied to almaperdida's response:
You're probably feeling tired and weak from the blood loss.

Helpful Tips

dealing with anxiety and bipolor episodes
dont know how to cope with issues of everyday life without wanting to cry, or break down in depression, its addecting my marriage what can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.