Skip to content
swelling of the labia minora
An_252148 posted:
A few days ago I noticed some swelling to the left side of the labia minora. It is difficult to do anything, walk, use the rest room, basically move at all. I have tried a few creams and soaking in the tub. Is there anything I can do or use to get the swelling and burning to go away?

bpcookie responded:
Hello, So this is causing burning pain? There are many different things that could cause this. I have Vulva lichen simplex chronicus, this causes vulva swelling and constant vulva burning. The burning pain spreads to my labia minora, labia majora, down my buttox to my inner thighs. Sitting causes the pain to be worse. Talk to a Gyno about your symptoms, if they fail to give you a diagnosis, then try to find a specialst who deals with vulva pain. For now, use a ice pack, that will help with the swelling and burning and dont wear pant or undies, when ever you can. Good luck to you.
If you suffer with Vulva and or Vagina pain, please join my community called VULVA AND VAGINA PAIN SUPPORT GROUP. No woman should suffer in silence.

Helpful Tips

how can a woman restore sensation in her nipples/breast?
since my last pregnancy in 2005, i have no sensation in my breast when stimulated. If anything, it hurts. I am 43 years old and I know I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.