Skip to content
External Vaginal itching
Lyneka posted:
I am 57 years old and am diabetic. I am experiencing outer vaginal itching and dryness. Can you give me some sort of recommendation on what I might use for this?

bpcookie responded:
Hello, for the dryness you can use a few things like A and D ointment or pure Emu oil. Only use the on the out side. For the itching, if you do not have an infection and the itching is intence and constant, there is an ointment called Amitryptaline/Baclofen, which a special prescription that has to be made by a specialty pharmacy. It numbs the vulva. If the itch isnt bad enough for a prescription, thenyou can buy an OTC cream such as Miconazole Nitrate cream that should relive the external itching. Also oat meal baths may help. Remember, scratching only makes the itch worse. I hope this helps. Take care
If you suffer with Vulva and or Vagina pain, please join my community called VULVA AND VAGINA PAIN SUPPORT GROUP. No woman should suffer in silence.

Helpful Tips

itching
several years ago I had this same problem...intense itching in the vaginal area, but no discharge or odor. I saw several doctors who said i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.