Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    External Vaginal itching
    Lyneka posted:
    I am 57 years old and am diabetic. I am experiencing outer vaginal itching and dryness. Can you give me some sort of recommendation on what I might use for this?
    bpcookie responded:
    Hello, for the dryness you can use a few things like A and D ointment or pure Emu oil. Only use the on the out side. For the itching, if you do not have an infection and the itching is intence and constant, there is an ointment called Amitryptaline/Baclofen, which a special prescription that has to be made by a specialty pharmacy. It numbs the vulva. If the itch isnt bad enough for a prescription, thenyou can buy an OTC cream such as Miconazole Nitrate cream that should relive the external itching. Also oat meal baths may help. Remember, scratching only makes the itch worse. I hope this helps. Take care
    If you suffer with Vulva and or Vagina pain, please join my community called VULVA AND VAGINA PAIN SUPPORT GROUP. No woman should suffer in silence.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.