Skip to content
Hysteroctomy 10 years ago!
An_252316 posted:
I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago. Chose not to do any hormone replacement. I still get very hot in the day and my head sweats horribly at night. I didn't sweat for a number of years at night, now all of the sudden it makes my whole pillow wet. It seems my concentration isn't as good as it used to be also. What can I do to make this stop?

georgiagail responded:
Have you discussed the different choices for hormone replacement therapy with your physician that would address these specific symptoms? There are a wide number of choices available now.

Gail

clau0106diaArgentina responded:
I take daily Tibolona 2,5 mg that my doctor gave me, since beggining of January 2013, and it really made my hot flashes disappear, my vaginal lubrication came back, and I feel much better. It is a synthetic hormone, and it really works. I am in Argentina, ther may be a slight change on the name of the drug. Good luck with it.

Myrmaid replied to clau0106diaArgentina's response:
How old are you and does this medicine make you bleed?

clau0106diaArgentina replied to Myrmaid's response:
I am 54, and it does not make me bleed at all.

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.