Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Period several times a month
OrangeApeel posted:
I need desperate help. I'm 18 and I had never had normal periods but it always came every month. Recently I had noticed my period has been comming every two weeks. Then it changed to twelve days. that period ended nd it has been six days and I am on my period again. I recently started having sex again but this started before I started. I can't afford to go to a doctor and my mother refuses to take me. In in desperate need of some medical expertise. Plz help

georgiagail responded:
Your bleeding is not due to a menstrual period and it is rather incredible that your mother will not take you to get this looked into medically.

Whether you can afford a physician or not is soon not going to be the question. It sounds with all this bleeding you will soon be facing some pretty severe symptoms of anemia and may end up in the ER. Tell mom that and she may rethink her decision not to do anything about this medically.

Gail

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.