Skip to content
NEED HELP FROM A PRFESSIONAL OR SOMEONE WHO HAS GONE THROUGH THIS!!!!!!!!
alexnlilly12 posted:
Hi. My name is Katherine. I am 23 (almost 24) years old. I have a 15 & 1/2 month old daughter. Since 2005, I have been going to the bathroom frequently. (Every hour give or take 30 min). Over the years, I have developed Basilar Migraines, Passing out and Seizing (even though my neurologist says there is no indication of Epilepsy, he did an MRI and found nothing). The migraines have gotten worse over the years, but ever since getting pregnant with my daughter, all the bad symptoms started. Only the frequent urination and headaches were present BEFORE I got pregnant. I was 4 weeks pregnant and passed out and had a seizure. Only my upper body jerked. I was only out for a few seconds. I did not hit my head whatsoever. Then, last August when I was at the beach with my mother and daughter, my mom gave me a shot and I felt woozy. I had an Aura feeling and about 2 sec later Ii hit the floor. My mother said Ii had a full blown seizure (as if I was epileptic). I was fine afterward. Since then, I try to avoid things that will may me feel that way. Standing up for a long period of time is difficult. My cardiologist did an Echo of my heart and said it was fine. He also did a TTT and it was positive. My neurologist said it may be POTS. But he wasn't sure. After talking to a different cardiologist, he said I have fainting spells because of a sodium deficiency, and gave me a prescription and sent me on my way. No blood work was done. My primary care doctor said that all of my blood work was normal (I had some done a month or so ago), and to talk to the cardiologist. I called the nurse at the Cardio office and she said that she agreed with the on-call nurse I spoke with last night about the fact that I may have SIADH. And that I needed to be tested for it. The Cardio nurse said that further testing might need to be done to figure out the cause as it is not normal for someone without Epilepsy to have full blown seizures. I know something is wrong but all of my doctor's are nonchalant about it. I don't trust them. I know deep down something isn't right and they aren't running every test they can to figure it out. I feel they just want to give me an answer and send me out the door without further testing. I love alone with my daughter and I'm not about to risk my life or hers because I have stupid doctor's. I also have a urology apt to test for bladder pressure (under my neurologist's orders). PLEASE HELP!

Symptoms: Headaches and migraines, Frequent Urination, Dizziness and Lightheadedness, Aura, Seizures, Inner-Body Experience (right before I pass out), Decreased Thirst for Water (craving cranberry juice, tea, and other things. I only get thirsty for water when my body REALLY needs it or it's nighttime), Urine DOES NOT smell off, Frequent Fatigue (sleeping does not relieve it. I can get 10-12 hours and feel like I've only gotten 5 or 6 hours). Anything else you need to know, just ask.

alexnlilly12 responded:
Also I have had EEGs, MRIs, and they all came back negative. My neurologist said the Basilar Migraines are (White Matter Disease) and that I don't have Epilepsy. But I just got done doing some research and I heard about Frontal Lobe Epilepsy. This frustrates me because my doctor is basing everything on the fact that the tests came back normal. And he said I don't have MS because the white matter is above the area if it were to be MS. I don't know what's going on. Please HELP!

Helpful Tips

suggestion
hi. i have dealt with the same issues discussed. i have dealt with pelvic congestion for 5 years. i just wanted to recommend going to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.