Skip to content
Endometrial cells on Pap - second time
An_252368 posted:
am a 55 year old woman. I am in excellent health and slightly overweight (about 20 pounds) I exercise regularly and watch my diet. I still get my period but this past month was irregular in timing.

I had a pap smear in January with atypical endometrial cells of undetermined significance. The doctor did a colpcoscopy and found a cervical polyp which was removed. She also did an vaginal ultrasound. She said everything looked good and wanted to do a retest of the Pap in June. The retest of the Pap again had some endometrial cells. I am now concerned as to what could be causing these cells to appear. Is this common in woman my age who are still menstruating. I had the PAP on June 6 and got my period today June 18th.The prior period was on April 25th.

Thanks

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.