Low hormones in young women
An_252371 posted:
2 years ago I was having pains in my upper legs and went to the doctor. They ran blood work and I had post menopausal levels of estrogen and progesterone. They put me on desogen birth control pills and I thought I was good to go. I was 25 then and am 27 now. I recently began having pains around my ovaries so I went back and even with the birth control the hormone levels haven't budged. I am terrified of what having no hormones in my body for 2+ years has done to me and my chances of having children. I have no insurance and they recommended I go get a sonogram. Someone else told me I should see an Ob Gyn. I've been researching what could cause this but have found nothing and I hardly exercise so that's definitely not it. What could be causing this? What can I do? What's the next best step? What kinds of tests do I need? I need to spend my money very wisely because I don't have insurance.

Anon_6061 responded:
I've read that hormone levels aren't accurate when taking birth control pills. An endocrine workup may be a good idea. It's possible this isn't a primary gynecological problem but something else such as your thyroid or pituitary. A reproductive endocrinologist may be your best option in getting a diagnosis.

Mariahlaureen replied to Anon_6061's response:
Thanks so much for your reply. My thyroid has been checked and is normal. Also, I called a local endocrinologist and they said they don't deal with that type of hormone issue (hrt). I am open to any ideas or suggestions. I am also having weird random pains around my body especially in my legs. I guess maybe I would call it nerve pain. Could this be related?