Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sporatic Period and Sharp Pains
Gizmo16 posted:
I'm not sure what is going on with my body the last few months. I usually get my period around the 2nd of the month every month, but the past six months have been really strange. In Jan I got it on the 2nd, Feb I got it the 5th, March I got it the 7th, April I got it the 9th, then in may I didn't get it until the 20th. Its now June 20th and I haven't gotten it, I am worried that something could be wrong with me. Not just have my periods been strange but every month that I got it later a couple days after my period is over I start getting really sharp pain in my stomach and start spotting for a couple days, each period last about 6 days and the spotting afterwards last for about 3 to 4 days every month. I am really worried about this, can anybody help me figure out what it could be?

georgiagail responded:
How old are you?

Cycles tend to change with age. As a general rule, a "normal" cycle can run anywhere from 21 to 35 days.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/menstrual-cycle/MY01541

Gail

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.