Skip to content
Essure Out of Pocket Costs? Please help ;)
An_252408 posted:
I scheduled my Essure procedure at my Gyn's office and was immediately told by the Office Manager, "The machine that is used for the procedure is not something we have in the office. We have a medical device company bring it in and they do not take anybody's insurance. They will call you to collect $350 a few days before your procedure."

Does anybody know exactly what piece of medical equipment is needed for this procedure? Is this a standard practice for getting the Essure procedure? Does anybody have this "special machine" in their office already? Or will I have to pay this outlandish out of pocket cost anywhere I go?

Can someone tell me what is going on here? If I go to a large, Women's OB/GYN practice, are they likely to have this "special machine.?"
Is my doc just trying to get kickbacks from the medical device company?
Does my doc offer a procedure for which he does not have the equipment to perform, thus just passes on the cost to patients?

Any advice is appreciated.

Helpful Tips

Weight loss after pregnancy
I had baby number 2 6 months ago and still cannot lose any pregnancy weight. I read hints and tips on the Internet but it is all ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.