Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    after TAHBSO?
    An_252416 posted:
    I had DCIS in 2004 and was on Tamoxifen. Had completed 5 years and was weened from the RX. after 3 months I started vaginal spotting. Since oncology was no longer involved, went to GYN (25 y HX with her) and she tried to do several office procedures without success. Did call oncology and the decision was to have a Laproscopic TAHBSO. No issues post menopausal for 23 years- , no HRTs.
    Had surgery and it became an open process because of endometriosis that involved an ovary embedded in the colon and and tube attached to the bladder and not to mention whatever had to be scraped from the peritoneum/abdominal cavity. (Never a symptom when I was younger.).
    So after 4 years I am now spotting again with out a uterus , etc.
    What would be the recommended care here- Pap smear last Nov.
    was neg.
    Looking for advice as I am really healthy otherwise. Hopefully there is a doctor montoring who has experience with this issue.
    Thank you.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.