Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
no period
sierra2702 posted:
I haven't had a period in eight months i don't Know whats going on. II'mstarting to cramp worse and worse and i have stomach pain and those nasty burps. Like once a week. I tried making an appointment with the health department but no luck. I have taken several pregnancy tests all were negative. Please help

Take the Poll

Why am i not having it? And could something seriously be wrong?
  • no ovulatuon
  • maybe im pregnant tests arent showing
vote
View Poll Results

Anon_6061 responded:
Is there a Planned Parenthood in your area? Some causes of absent periods are Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), thyroid disorders, pituitary disorders. Good luck finding a doctor who can determine the cause.

Hlj0509 responded:
Pregnancy urine tests can give false negatives. Did you ever take a blood test? I have a friend who had negative urine tests her entire pregnancy. She used to think it was funny to take one occasionally during her pregnancy and show us the negative result. She has a healthy 8 year old daughter now.

jacelee13 responded:
hi.. you def have to see a physician..i grew up having only 6 cycles a year...i thought it was normal but turns out i hv polysistic ovarian syndrome...im currently on birth contol and my cycle is regular i hope this helps

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.