Skip to content
GAIL Please Help Yeast infection will not go away
smjpain posted:
Hi Jane or Gail it's been alongtime since I have been on this board but alot has still been going on, currently my GYN's locally and in Iowa City have tryed every treatment well oraly and vaginal to treat this yeast infection that will not go away and it keeps mutating into other types, I'm not even sure what type right now but I have this strong burning, itching and very strong fish odor and alot of discharge but it's not really white cottage cheese like it's actually clear but smels really bad. I have been even on a course of diflucan for three months every three days and then 14days twice a day every day and stil didin't work. I have also been treated with Gentlin viliot and had a allergic reaction and I have mentioned to my GYN in Mason I would like to have IV meds because my Iowa City GYNs thought it might be the only thing left but I am just not sure what med they will use plus I have no insurance and I don't work so I have to have it done in My home town. My GYN's nurse was supost to call me back after talking with my GYN about me wanting to have IV meds and that any creams he wanted to try I can't use I am allergic to all of them it sucks I hurt so bad when I saw him on monday he said that he couldn't believe how bad I looked it hurt so bad his nurse had to hold my hand. I hope he is on call this weekend because maybe he can just order the IV meds because it is so painful I just can't take the itching and burning and odor anymore.What would they use for IV medsThanks for your Reply!Thanks for your Reply!

Helpful Tips

Need experienced opinion please..!?
I went to the doctor about a week ago and she prescribed me amoxicillin. I told her my family history but she gave it to me anyway, I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.