Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question?
Justinmiller13 posted:
Can a woman get pregnant without penetration? Is it uncommon to get pregnant without penetration? Thanks guys!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Anon_475 responded:
It's virtually impossible to get pregnant without penetration. Can you be more specific?

Justinmiller13 replied to Anon_475's response:
We only had oral sex. I came. But i did not penetrate inside her. What are the chances of getting pregnant in that situation?

tlkittycat1968 replied to Anon_475's response:
While it's not impossible, it is uncommon. It can happen if a man ejaculates on a woman's vaginal opening when she's ovulating.

There used to be a sex therapist on this site who had a female patient for whom sex was painful. Her husband ejaculated on her vaginal opening and she got pregnant with twins.

tlkittycat1968 replied to Justinmiller13's response:
If you did not ejaculate on or near her vaginal opening, pregnancy is pretty much impossible.

Justinmiller13 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
After i came, its been almost 20mins before we had sex again. On the other hand, we washed our hands, and the areas that the smen dropped. Is it still possible to get pregnant? Thankyou so much guys!

Anon_475 replied to Justinmiller13's response:
There isn't the slightest chance of pregnancy. Semen dies when it dries out. Besides this, oral sex does not cause pregnancy.

Justinmiller13 replied to Anon_475's response:
Does semen dies when it was washed with water?

georgiagail replied to Justinmiller13's response:
It's washed away.

Gail

Justinmiller13 replied to georgiagail's response:
How long can a sperm live outside of the body? Such as skin. Thanks guys!

fcl replied to Justinmiller13's response:
Sperm is very fragile and needs a warm, moist environment (like a vagina) to survive. It isn't going to live very long on skin at all.

Honestly, don't you think you're taking your paranoia a bit far?

Justinmiller13 replied to fcl's response:
Yeah. Im shocked. Because i was 2days late for my period. My hubby didnt penetrate inside me. And he came nowhere near my vagina. Im just making sure. I never expect to be late really.

georgiagail replied to Justinmiller13's response:
One does not become pregnant from oral sex. If penetration did not take place and semen never came near the vagina, conception will not occur.

As far as history tells us, there's only been one case of immaculate conception and even that one has been questioned.

Sometimes menstrual periods are just late. Sometimes it might skip a month. It happens. No particular reason for this.

Gail

Justinmiller13 replied to georgiagail's response:
Georgiagail. Yeah. We had sex but he didnt penetrate inside me. Im just just shock. Really. Does body clock affects me in my late period? Yhanks for your advice. I cant believe that i missed my period. Thanks!

tlkittycat1968 replied to Justinmiller13's response:
Most women will skip a period at least once during their reproductive years. It's common and usually not a cause for concern.

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 101 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.